Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Through The Door

We are cleaning house!!  Garage sale time means pack up and move out all the things we no longer use or will have use for. It means clearing off some shelves, bringing out stuff that's been in the attic that can serve a purpose in someone else's family. Of course, bringing in a little extra cash isn't a bad thing either!

It also means reliving lots of memories as we unpack clothes to sell, baby items no longer needed. As I poured over all of the maternity clothes, baby clothes, baby necessities, then onto the 'big boy' clothes, movies, games, toys. I don't think I've ever shed so many tears setting up for a garage sale!

I just had to stop and look around...

I had to stop and reflect on how thankful I am for *this* life, *this* day, *these* precious moments and beautiful memories God has given to me. I cannot find words to express how thankful I am to the good Lord for a full life. A good life. An abundant life.

So, instead of feeling like my memories and hope are filtering out through the garage door over the next few days, I am going to be thankful knowing that they are becoming someone else's hopes and memories.

 





No comments: