Friday, July 1, 2011

Amazing Friends and Family...

I am completely overwhelmed by the incredible amount of love our family has been covered in over the past week.  The prayers, thoughts,e-mail messages, phone calls and messages revealing some of your own stories has helped to carry our family through a difficult time. Just as I'm writing this I got a phone call from our awesome Church that someone is bringing us dinner next week. What a huge blessing to belong to such an incredible body of believers.

We know that many people wait to share their news of pregnancy until the 'critical' period has passed. We have always veered the other way and couldn't wait to spill the news as soon as we knew because we were so excited.  The other reason though that Chad and I have never waited to 'share' is that in case something were to go wrong, like this loss, we knew we could enlist a group of prayer warriors to come before the throne of God on our behalf. Thank you so much for everything~you've blessed us!

Last night as the house was quiet I found it extremely difficult to fall asleep, first of all because I had the most excruciating headache and I couldn't take anything for it, besides the Tylenol that didn't help.  Then the awful anxiety kicked in about being put to sleep for the surgery.  I just kept repeating in my head "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition present your requests to God".  So, as I lay there praying for God to quiet my restless spirit He started sending songs~and I mean He was like a DJ, just kept 'em coming in my head for hours. =)  It was some of the most incredible time I have spent with the Lord. Today, when I went to rest for a bit He just kept doing the same thing.  He has blessed my life with the love of music and used it to speak softly to my soul. I would be praying or thinking of a scripture verse and in an instant some song would come to mind.  It has been an incredible time of worship and praise~right in the middle of my grief and sorrow. 

The procedure went well this morning~praise God!  There were no complications during surgery and we're continuing to pray there will be none during the recovery period. I feel relatively good, except for the lack of sleep. I am so thankful for my husband~he is my rock. I couldn't love anyone more on this Earth. We have been on an incredible journey of mountaintops and valleys together and survived many storms with God at the center of our marriage. I do not thank God enough for the blessing he is both as a husband and a father. I cannot wait to see what the next brush stroke of the picture God is painting looks like!

"No one is like you, O Lord; you are great, and your name is mighty in power."
Jeremiah 10:6


No comments: