Monday, November 5, 2012

The Right, Responsibility and Freedom

I have never heard so many people say that they are not voting in this election because they don't like either one of the candidates.  That their vote really wouldn't matter anyway.  Let me just remind you that 1) YOU have the right, responsibility and freedom as an American citizen to vote. 2) By not voting, you clearly are indeed voting and 3) While neither one of the candidates line up 100% with my Christian values either, that isn't going to stop me from voting for the one that lines up the most with them. There is one CLEAR choice

Oh great God, you are sovereign. You already know the outcome of tomorrow, that doesn't stop me from pleading for mercy for a Nation that has turned its back on you. May we stop and really think about WHO and WHAT we are voting for when we are silent before you in that voting booth tomorrow.  We have become a people of entitlement in America and we have only one hope for this great country~the Great I AM.

Thank you Lord for giving us the freedom to vote. Thank you for all the people past and present who have given of themselves, sometimes their lives for my freedoms that I take for granted.

For my children, for the sanctity of life, the sanctity of marriage, for those struggling to make ends meet in an economy that is no better off (actually worse) than it was 4 years ago I will be voting for that one clear choice.

This election is a turning point for our Nation~the power of one can make a difference~be a voice.  VOTE!!!!

No comments: